Arti kata Dispatch dan Definisi dari kata Dispatch:
Dis patch , n. Cf. OF. despeche, F. d 82p 88che. See Dispatch, v. t. Written also despatch.
1. The act of sending a message or messenger in haste or on important business.
2. Any sending away; dismissal; riddance.
To the utter dispatch of all their most beloved comforts.
3. The finishing up of a business; speedy performance, as of business; prompt execution; diligence; haste.
Serious business, craving quick dispatch.
To carry his scythe . . . with a sufficient dispatch through a sufficient space.
4. A message dispatched or sent with speed; especially, an important official letter sent from one public officer to another; — often used in the plural; as, a messenger has arrived with dispatches for the American minister; naval or military dispatches.
5. A message transmitted by telegraph. Modern
, a swift vessel for conveying dispatches; an advice boat. —Dispatch box
, a box for carrying dispatches; a box for papers and other conveniences when traveling.
Syn. — Haste; hurry; promptness; celerity; speed. See Haste.